We've decided to extend the deadline for the course planning competition to the end of the weekend (23:59 on Sunday 26 July!) so you have a few extra days to get your entries in. See the original news item for full details.
A reminder that the club AGM takes place online this Thursday at 7:30pm. The Zoom connection details can be found on the event page, along with links to the AGM papers.
A few administrative points for those unfamiliar with Zoom:
- webmaster [at] socweb.org (David Currie) is in charge of administrative arrangements. You can use the chat facility if you need to contact him during the meeting.
- You can check your ability to connect to Zoom in advance using this test meeting.
- You will be muted when you join. Please remain muted unless invited to speak. This is necessary to prevent background noise.
- To assist in recording attendance, please make sure that your name is set correctly on joining the meeting.
- Please keep your camera on (so others can see you) unless you really want privacy.
- Voting will be carried out by a (physical) show of hands so, if your camera has been turned off, you will need to turn it back on for any vote.
- If the Chairman rules that it’s not possible to establish the result of a vote in this way, the item will be adjourned for alternative voting arrangements to be made (possibly by postal vote).
- The AGM will be closed when procedural items have been dealt with.
- General questions can be raised after the meeting.
- Trophies will be awarded after that.
- Proceedings will be recorded.
- Bring your own refreshments!
We've had a few more takers for the Lakeside Virtual Challenge over the weekend but you still have until next Sunday to get your name up in lights. If you're in the Chandler's Ford area, I've also just added a choice of three MapRun line courses designed to take you on a tour of some of the small pockets of woodland in the area. If that's too far to travel, why not set up a MapRun course near you? There are now two short videos on the SOC YouTube channel that take you through creating a course on Open Orienteering Map and then testing it out with the MapRunF app, all in less than five minutes! If you then want to share your creation with others in the club, send the course and map file to webmaster [at] socweb.org (me).