[img_assist|nid=134|title=|desc=|link=none|align=right|width=200|height=281]Following a recent Introduction to Orienteering Course at the Gregg School and the kind offer made by Martin Benning, a member of SOC from the school, we now have an additional venue for weekly SOC Club activities.
The primary objective is to use this facility to attract new participants and increase participation whilst also providing something different for existing members. The Wide Lane monthly sessions will continue as planned and advertised.
The initial tranche of dates finalised for the Gregg School venue are every Thursday from 23rd April to 9th July (excluding 18th June) from 18:30 to 20:30. We will have use of the extensive grounds, which are well suited to orienteering activities and small events, on all dates and also have the hall for indoor sessions for 50% of them and classrooms will also be available.
The sessions will be fun and will include such things as:
- warming up and cooling down regimes
- speed, agility and quickness exercises
- combinations of circuit and technical training
- classroom exercises eg map reading, interpretation, games
- Splitbrowser and Route-Gadget analysis
- Indoor and outdoor orienteering activities, Sprint and Street O
- Socialising time
Put the dates in your diary, keep an eye on the website for further details and come along for some fun training.
You can download the poster for these events.